Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Celebrations Catering Opens a New Restaurant!

Leah at Celebrations invited us over to the Grand Opening of Cafe C on Friday the 14. Since they are pretty much across the street from us (424 NW 8th Avenue), we said yes we would love to attend. I thought it would be nice to send over a little something to add to their festivities. Thinking about the green bubbles that Celebrations has on their deliver vehicles, I called Larry - my flower guy, and ordered some Billy Balls. Billy balls are yellow ball flowers, on a stem. When the flowers got here, I still hadn't decided how I would use them. Then inspiration struck, thinking about the colors that they use in the new building, I decided to spray the billy balls assorted colors of purple, red, & hot pink. Here is what I came up with.

I knew I had made the right decision, when I walked out of the shop to deliver the arrangement, and I looked over toward Cafe C to see colorful paper lanterns & linens hanging up under the tent in the back parking lot. It was as if I was a Fly on the wall when Leah was making her decorating plans for the grand opening.

Thank you for inviting us. The atmosphere was great, and the food was even better. I just wish I hadn't needed to go to the Gym after, and could have eaten more. I loved the door prizes. They placed a sticker on the bottom of some of the dishes served. If you got a dot you could turn your plate in for a prize. I won a Cafe C T-shirt and lunch for 2. I am very excited about both.

No comments: