Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Weekend Away.

Susie (my sister), her husband (Dave), their twins (Flori & Ollie), and their two dogs were moving back to the states. Dave is in the U.S. Air Force, and they have been stationed in Okinawa, Japan for the last 3 years. So mom invited me to join her in San Francisco for the weekend to help with their transition back.
Here are some of the highlights of the trip (before Susie & family arrived)...
After we stood in line for 1.5 hours for our rental car, I drove around in circles trying to find the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Company. It was in a very small alley in the middle of Chinatown. We could take a picture inside the factory, for $.50. It wasn't much of a factory about 15 feet wide, and 100 feet long, but a very cool machine to make the cookies, and yes you could try samples. I also got their contact info, because they will make personalized fortune cookies.
Of course I had to ride the cable car. I choose the Powell-Hyde line, which is the most scenic, and has the steepest descent down to the pier. Mom wasn't sure what was worse, being on the cable car or driving around the city with me.On Friday morning we went to the San Francisco Flower Market. The market is a florist's dream. In the morning only badge holders can go to the market and purchase their floral needs for the day. Later in the day it is open to the public. This pictures do not do it justice. Here are a few of the flower stalls we walked by. Flowers as far as the eye can see.

Mom & I had fun exploring the city. I sort of know my way around town, after driving around in circles.

No comments: