Thursday, April 8, 2010

What we do for our brides!!

As a florist we will do as much or as little our brides need us to do to achieve their dream wedding. When Abigail, one of our brides this weekend, said she would provide a few turkey feathers for the arrangement to sit next to the grooms cake, we said no problem. We figured she would bring a few that she had sitting at home or that she had bought at the store. Well, what we received was a little fresher than that......... I thought it was strange that we were told to keep them in the cooler.

Yesterday we were delivered 3 wings & 2 tail section of some freshly shot Turkeys. I called Abigail's mom and asked her what she expected me to do with the parts I had received. She told they had sent the whole pieces to me, so that I could pick what I wanted to use. Now, I do have a little country upbringing, but not that much. Luckily our Flowers Central delivery driver Jim, is well experienced. He helped me pluck the feathers.
Here I thought I'd model a potential feather hair piece.
So moral of the story is....... get even better clarification from brides when they want to provide something for their wedding.

3 comments:

Dawn McKinstry said...

I am so excited to see these finished arrangements!! I love unique pieces to wedding decor! :D

Anonymous said...

Mark got a smile from the blog. He always has a "fresh" something. We loved the flowers and are still just amazed at how beautiful they were. Abigail said she had NO idea the bouquets would be sooooo gorgeous! Thanks Betsy!

Sarah said...

all I can say is wow! You are a trooper. I don't know what I would have done with that.