Monday, August 22, 2011

Whitney and Kevin Part I

If you've been reading The Plant Shoppe's blog for a while, you might know that it's not always Betsy who is posting...it's one of her former brides! Well... actually a former bride as of two months ago. My husband, Kevin and I were married on June 11 at Sweetwater Branch Inn... and if I had to pick my absolute favorite thing about the day... at the tip top of my list would be my flowers.

When I had my first consultation with Betsy, I told her a few things about me... I wanted a Southern wedding and my dream centerpieces had something to do with mason jars and hydrangeas. For almost a year, I went back and forth changing my mind, until finally I said, work your magic, do whatever, and if it could be in a blue mason jar, I would be in heaven. Betsy took my vision and made it come true--I burst into tears of joy when she brought me my bouquet!

I hope you will enjoy a few pictures from my big day... and since my wedding had lots of things from The Plant Shoppe (flowers, sand ceremony items, invitations and place cards), I've made it into two parts.



My bridesmaids and I with our bouquets. The girls had hand-tied blue hydrangea bouquets, while mine was made up of yellow roses, peonies, and blue hydrangea.




A close up of my bouquet






The gorgeous centerpieces. Blue mason jars (available for rent from The Plant Shoppe) with hydrangeas, yellow roses, solidago, and white spray roses.



The cake accented with blue hydrangeas and yellow roses.


Ceremony and Reception: Sweetwater Branch Inn
Photographer: Bryant's Photography
Florist: The Plant Shoppe
Cake: Friend

No comments: