Friday, April 3, 2009

Attention Cat Lovers!

According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, lilies are considered highly toxic to cats. While the poisonous component has not yet been identified, it is clear that small amounts of the plant, when ingested, can result in severe kidney damage. The Plant Shoppe recommends keeping lilies out of the reach of cats. It is important to note that lilies do not pose a problem for other pets or humans.

1 comment:

Sweetwater Branch Inn said...

Good to know! I'll be sure to take the lily bouquet I received the other day off of my cat's favorite napping spot--the kitchen table! Yikes!
-Izzy, Innkeeper, Sweetwater Branch Inn