Friday, April 17, 2009

With visions of Sugarplum Fairies dancing in her head.

So when I ordered Sugarplum colored roses for Joan & Bill's wedding in March, I got a call from Larry (my supplier). He wanted to know what color Sugarplum was. He had no idea. I asked him if he had ever heard of the Sugarplum fairy. Well sort of, wasn't she in a play or something? I told him to ask his 9 year old daughter, she could tell him. Anyway, there isn't exactly a rose that is sugarplum, but Joan told me I could use an assortment of pinks & ivory for her bouquets. Here is what we created. Three different shades of roses, and waxflower. Larry will probably never admit to not knowing a color again. For the rest of the day every call he took from customers, asked him for something in Sugarplum.....roses, lilies, hygrangea, carnation. Somehow it had become a very popular color in just a matter of minutes. Or maybe it is becuase everyone who answered the phone told the customers to ask for that color....thank you ladies, for helping me pick on Larry. And for those of you who don't know if is kinda of a pinky-purple color.
Here is a dress by Mori Lee in Sugarplum
Ceremony: Westside Baptist
Reception: Westside Baptist
Florist: Us

No comments: